ppPLUS - Terms & Conditions
- The following sets out the Terms and Conditions for the Portfolio Planning Plus website portfolio-pplus.com which is operated and run by Portfolio Planning Plus Ltd. (“ppPLUS”) with PO box address of Portfolio Planning PLus Ltd., Acres Down, York Drove, Salisbury, SP5 2BT, United Kingdom and email address of firstname.lastname@example.org.
- These Terms and Conditions apply in whole, or in part, to all individuals and entities who use, interact with or simply visit ppPLUS’s Site (portfolio-pplus.com). By visiting and/or interacting with this Site, you agree to the applicability of these Terms and Conditions.
- Please note that these Terms and Conditions are governed, and construed in accordance with, the law of England and Wales. If you are accessing this Site from outside the United Kingdom (“UK”) you, as a user of this Site, are solely responsible for complying with all local laws and regulations.
- In line with the law outlined by the UK Data Protection Act 2018 (“DPA’18”), ppPLUS do not intentionally or knowingly process the data of those under the age of 13. For this reason, it is asked that you do not visit or interact with this Site unless you are above the age of 13.
- ppPLUS is the an open platform for collaborative modelling of the (but not restricted to) Refining, Energy and Petrochemicals Industry. ppPLUS aims to provide structured portfolio and mass balance modeling from corporation holdings to plant and equipment level, to enable individuals and businesses to make predictions and decisions based off industry data rather than information only.
Users of this Site:
- This Site can be utilised in a number of ways, by a range of different users. These Users include Generals Users, Collaborators, Modelers, Administrators and System Managers.
- The following clauses in this section will identify the different types of users, as well as explaining their roles within the system.
- General Users have very limited functionality. They can view lists and data details without the need to register an account, however, they cannot modify or comment on any of the Site’s content.
- In order to become a Collaborator, it is necessary to create an account by filling in the registration form under the tab labelled “Register”. Once this is complete, and the account has been activated, the user will be able to view lists and data details, as well as commenting on entries and Site developments.
- The official logos for any entity a Collaborator represents when contributing to the site is licensing ppPlus the right to display that entity unless they specifically request the logo not be used.
- Modelers are users that have been entrusted by the ppPLUS team to add content to the Site, including adding sites (production-locations), and model mass balances, as well as requesting changes to master data, products and other technologies.
- This type of user is one step up from a Collaborator and will therefore need to create an account by filling in the registration form as described above, as well as being vetted by the ppPLUS to ensure the individual is a trusted industry-expert.
- Administrators have higher user-rights, allowing them to add entities and corporations, as well as technologies and therefore require additional verification from the ppPLUS team. These users are able to model portfolios and make changes to most of the master-data on the Site.
- System Managers have the highest level of functionality on the Site. These users are able to accept users onto the Site, as well as assigning user roles. In addition to this, they are able to make changes to the critical master data and system settings. Due to the nature of this role, System Managers are currently limited to developers of the system.
- All content uploaded to this Site is based on raw data either provided by entities or technology owners with their consent to make such data publicly available or raw data that is taken from publicly available resources. This data is then structured in a way that is helpful to the ppPLUS users.
- Although ppPLUS does have appropriate procedures in place and takes all reasonable steps to ensure that such data is not confidential or privileged, ppPLUS cannot be held liable for the leak of any such confidential or privileged data as it is uploaded by a user of ppPLUS.
- With the exception of content a user adds to the Site from publicly available resources, all content included on the Site, including copyright or trademark material or other intellectual property, belongs to, or is licensed by, ppPLUS. Such content is protected by Intellectual Property laws and regulations and may not be copied, reproduced or used in any way without express permission from ppPLUS except as outlined below.
- ppPLUS gives its users express permission to use, copy or share the data and modeling content from this Site for internal analysis only. In such cases, ppPLUS should be identified and cited as the source of such information. ppPLUS does not give any such express permission to use, copy or share the contents of the Site for external or commercial use.
- As a user of this Site, you shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless ppPLUS against claims, actions or proceedings for losses, damages and costs, including court costs and reasonable legal fees, arising out of or in connection with your use of this Site and/or ppPLUS’ services.
Limitation of liability:
- ppPLUS strives to create and provide a safe environment for its users. However, ppPLUS accepts no liability for any damages that may be caused to a user either directly or indirectly through the use of this Site. Any liability ppPLUS does have to any user is limited to any amount a user has paid to ppPLUS within the last 3 months.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions seeks to exclude or limit ppPLUS’ liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, including negligent actions taken by employees, agents or sub-contractors, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by ppPLUS. Nor does it limit any liabilities otherwise required by law.
Quality Assurance and Disclaimers:
- The content on this Site is provided by industry experts from both publicly available raw data and data provided by industry experts with their consent to make such data publicly available. Whilst ppPLUS provide best efforts to ensure all data displayed on this Site is accurate and up to date, ppPLUS cannot accept any liability for the provision of incorrect or inaccurate data.
- ppPLUS’s modelling is based on such raw data. The predictions made in such models may be used to guide decisions in the relevant industries, however, ppPLUS cannot be held liable for any outcome or decisions made based on content obtained on the ppPLUS site or added to the site by its users.
Links to other Sites:
- Links to other Sites may be included on this Site. Unless expressly stated, these Sites are not under the control of ppPLUS.
- ppPLUS neither assumes nor accepts responsibility or liability for the content of any third-party Sites. This inclusion of a link to another Site is for informational purposes only and therefore does not imply any endorsement of the Sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Acceptable use policy:
- This Site must only be used in compliance with these Terms and Conditions. You must not use this Site in a manner that is unlawful or fraudulent.
- You must not knowingly cause harm to this Site by uploading, sending or in any way transmitting data that contains any form of virus or malware or any other code designed to adversely affect computer, hardware, software, or data or any kind.
- You must not knowingly cause any harm to any other user of this Site.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions:
- ppPLUS may alter these Terms and Conditions at any time. If they decide to do so, any such changes will become binding on all users upon their next visit to this Site. All users are therefore advised to check this page and read these Terms and Conditions upon every visit.
Data Protection, Privacy and Cookies:
- 13.1 These Terms and Conditions have been drafted in line and accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
- If any provisions of these Terms and Conditions are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by any court or other authority, these provisions shall be deemed severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions. In such case, the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall remain valid and enforceable.
Law and Jurisdiction:
- These Terms and Conditions, and the relationship between ppPLUS and its users or visitors of this Site, whether contractual or otherwise, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the law of England and Wales.
- Any disputes concerning these Terms and Conditions, the relationship between users, visitors and ppPLUS, or any matter arising therefrom or associated therewith, whether contractual or otherwise, shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the court of England and Wales.
- If you have any questions or concerns in regards to these Terms and Conditions or this Site in general please feel free to email us at email@example.com