- Pörner Biturox AABU
/ Pörner Ingenieurgesellschaft mbH
- Asphalt and Oil Processes
- Asphalt Air Blowing Unit
The core piece of the Biturox® Process is the Loop Reactor. In this perfect Air-Lift Reactor with Agitator the thermo-chemical Conversion of selected Feedstock Blends by Atmospheric Oxygen takes place continuously and under stable conditions. The Reactor size is designed on the result of pilot tests carried out on Feed Components provided by customer. In these tests also the parameters for Process guarantees are defined. In case of grass-root projects the design can be based on Pörner´s pilot test data base which covers a wide variety of Crude sources. The possible Turndown Rate for a Biturox® Reactor is maximum 50% of the nominal throughput.
As the Process is exothermic, the Product is cooled to storage temperature by recovering the energy from the Reaction, heating up the Feed Stream to the Reactor to Process starting temperature.
The properties of the Off-Gas vary depending on the nature of the Feed Components. The standard solution is to separate Hydrocarbons by condensing the Off-Gas partly in a Knock-Out Drum. The remaining Gas Stream is forwarded to an Incinerator and burned at high temperature. The Incinerator can be provided with heat recovery for system generation or hot Oil heating (e.g. to be used for Tank heating and Pipe tracing). Optionally the Gas Stream can be Desulfurised, e.g. by washing with Caustic Soda in a Scrubber.
- The operation of the Process is fully automated by DCS and separated Safe Control System.
- The Plant is run continuously at pre-defined, nearly constant Process parameters.
- The Biturox® Reactor design is minimizing Coke build up: thus the Plant can be operated continuously over a long period.
- The change of Product Grades can be done during continous operation.
- The Biturox® Reactor System features high operational safety and security.
- Updated by
-  Kokel, Nicolas
- 2/22/2023 5:41 AM
- Added by
-  Kokel, Nicolas
- 12/10/2022 10:03 AM
No Services yet available.
Enquire in Solutions how we can help you.